The Butchery School
Aubrey Allen’s butchery school is the perfect gift for the ‘foodie’ in your life…or treat yourself!
Are you interested in getting your hands on the finest cuts of meat and learning valuable butchery skills to help in the kitchen?
With decades of experience between them, our highly skilled and friendly Butchers will teach you great practical skills and help you get more from the meat you buy from Aubrey Allen.
What you can expect:
- Introduction to Aubrey Allen and why provenance and animal welfare matter
- Overview of the meat and its provenance
- How to care for your knives and sharpen them correctly
- How to get the most from your chicken including making stuffing and stock
- Providing you with the skills to turn whole roasting joints into smaller cuts enabling you to get more for your money
- Introduction on how to make sausages using a selection of ingredients before you have a go at making your own
- Supper with a glass of wine or two.
All the meat used is yours to take away. We will provide you with overalls and tools, and you are more than welcome to bring your own knives for the knife sharpening tutorial. Sounds like fun? That’s what we want it to be…informal, fun and entertaining in a relaxed environment…a great learning experience. And if you can’t make it, what a fantastically unusual present for someone you know!
See a review of one of our very first Butchery Schools here.
Places are limited to just six people, book your place at £130 per person.
Payment is required on booking. You can transfer your booking to another person or postpone to the next class provided you give five working days’ notice.
Current Butchery School dates for 2024 are as follows:
Tuesday 5th March FULLY BOOKED
Tuesday 19th March
Tuesday 30th April
Tuesday 14th May
Tuesday 4th June
Tuesday 16th July
To book your class, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What our alumni say…
“A huge thank you to you all, for the most marvellous, educational and entertaining evening. I have been practising at home and now only have 9 fingers, but I feel that is a small price to pay! You’re a wonderful bunch and I very much look forward to coming again.”
Best Regards, Sally
“Thank you all for a lovely, informative evening. The shop is beautiful and I learnt loads. You are all so committed and enthusiastic about what you do”.
Best wishes, Paula
“Booking the Butchery School with you has got to be the easiest present I’ve ever bought, and you were so helpful too. Thanks ever so much.”
Very best wishes, Lesley