Russell Allen takes us through his tips for cooking your fillet steak from Aubrey Allen.
I'm just going to share with you today how to cook fillet steak.
1) Defrost your fillet steaks slowly and thoroughly in the fridge and then remove them from the fridge about 30 minutes before cooking to bring them up to room temperature.
2) Get your frying pan hot by keeping it on a medium heat on the hob for around 5-6 minutes.
3) When the pan is hot add a splash of olive oil.
4) Season the fillet steaks liberally on both sides with a good quality sea salt, am using Cornish sea salt here.
5) Place the fillet steaks in the pan and leave for two minutes - don’t be tempted to turn or check them.
6) After the two minutes check to see if the cooked side has nicely browned then turn over and cook for a further two minutes.
7) Once the two minutes are up, brown all of the edges of the steak.
8) Add a tablespoon of butter and once melted baste the fillet steaks.
9) Remove the pan from the heat and turn the steaks in the butter a couple of times and baste again.
10) Place the steaks on a pre-warmed plate for at least five minutes to rest.
11) Serve and enjoy!
To get some of our delicious dry-aged fillet steaks delivered to your door, buy our fillet steak box.