Watch as Russell Allen takes you through how to cook this delicious striploin
The beef that we have at Aubrey Allen is all from Grass-Fed herds. Once we get the beef we mature it or hang it on the bone for between 28 and 35 days to intensify the flavour.
1) Defrost your striploin thoroughly.
2) Heat a frying pan or something you can pop in the oven on top of the stove
3) Get your frying pan hot by keeping it on a medium heat on the hob for around 5 to 6 minutes.
4) When the pan is hot, add a splash of olive oil – but use the natural fat of the beef to baste and cook it
5) Season the sirloin with a good quality sea salt
6) To start cooking place the striploin in the pan fat side down as not only do we want that fat nice and crispy at the end but we also want to cook the rest of the beef in that flavoursome fat too
7) Once the fat is browned, turn the striploin over and do the same on the other side for 2 minutes
8) Brown all of the edges of the striploin
9) Once all sides are browned, pop it into your oven at 200 degrees / 180 fan oven for 30 minutes
10) After 30 minutes take the sirloin out of the oven and baste the meat over with the beef cooking juices from the pan
11) Cover it loosely with foil and rest for 25 minutes
11) Serve and Enjoy!
To get this amazing striploin delivered to your door build your own box from us.