Take a look at our delicious beer braised pulled pork recipe.
Here's a great pulled pork recipe for you to try. It's a great dish to share with friends or family.
Up to 8 people
2kg Pork Shoulder
2 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp dried mixed herbs
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp Black pepper
660ml lager or light ale
2 large carrot
2 sticks celery
1 sprig of rosemary
3 bay leaves
8 cloves of garlic
For the glaze
20g English mustard
100g brown sugar
50g red wine vinegar
50g soy sauce
1) Mix the smoked paprika, dried herbs, salt and pepper and rub them all over the pork. Cover with cling film and sit them in the fridge for a minimum of two hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 160c.
3) Peel and roughly chop the carrot, onion, celery and garlic and place in a casserole dish with the pork, beer, rosemary and bay leaves.
4) Put the lid on the casserole dish and pop it in the oven for 4 to 5 hours.
5) Once the pork is cooked to perfection remove it from the dish and discard the vegetables but retain the liquid.
6) Set aside the pork and place the liquid in a saucepan along with all the ingredients for the sauce except for the corn flour.
7) Bring to the boil stirring occasionally. Then add just enough water to the corn flour so that it’s diluted and stir it into the sauce until it thickens.
8) Remove the skin and string from pork and discard. Use two forks to shred the meat and then fold in the sauce.
9) Serve with coleslaw and toasted brioche buns.