Watch as Russell Allen takes you through how to cook this delicious sharing bone-in ribeye steak.
This is the very best of British grass-fed beef - a ribeye on the bone for two.
Also known as a Boston Chop, this steak is full of flavour and tenderness. We hang for 28 to 35 days to really intensify the beef flavour.
1) Defrost your ribeye steak thoroughly in the fridge.
2) Remove steak from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking to bring it up to room temperature. This helps the meat to relax and will make it more tender to eat in the end.
3) Pre-heat oven to 180° Fan or 200° for conventional oven.
4) Get your frying pan hot by keeping it on a medium heat on the hob for around 5 to 6 minutes.
5) When the pan is hot, add a splash of olive oil as this'll help to caramelise the fat.
6) Season the ribeye steak liberally on both sides with a good quality sea salt.
7) To start cooking place the ribeye steak in the pan fat side down as not ony do we want that fat nice and crispy at the end but we also want to cook the rest of the steak in that flavoursome fat too. Leave it there for 2 minutes.
8) Once the fat is browned do the same to both sides – they should all look nicely browned.
9) Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
10) After the 20 minutes remove from the oven, and baste with the cooking juices – turn the steak in the juices a couple of times.
11) Cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes. During the resting time the meat relaxes which makes it much more tender to eat.
12) Serve and enjoy!
To get this amazing sharing Ribeye on the Bone delivered to your door build your own box of steaks from us.